The HP Keymark certification, whose scheme is owned by the European Committee for Standardization (CEN), is a voluntary heat pump certification process promoted by the EHPA – European Heat Pump Association – which aims to better respond to the growing regulatory requirements for heat pump manufacturers. In order to facilitate the introduction of the new certification scheme in the European market, the HP Keymark Regulation includes Transitional Rules, which allow producers who have already certified their products with other marks/labels (MCS, NF-PAC, LCP -HP, Q-label) recognised by the HP Keymark system to obtain HP Keymark certification without repeating laboratory tests.
The HP KEYMARK certification, which major players in Europe have already obtained, allows heat pump manufacturers to:
- combine the observance of mandatory requirements with the flexibility necessary to develop their products, in compliance with innovation and market needs
- facilitate the circulation of their products in European markets thanks to common regulations
- have a third-party certification mark
- meet the product efficiency requirements required by the Ecodesign Directive Lot 1 and Lot 2
- take part in the EHPA work groups to be protagonists and determine the rules
- have, in the future, the possibility to access incentives, as it is currently possible in France
ICIM is today one of the 9 European Certification Bodies and the only Italian Body which caters for manufacturers and heat pump retailers who wish to place their products on the market with the HP Keymark.
ICIM offers the HP Keymark certification service for all heat pumps, for residential, commercial or industrial use, falling within the Energy Labelling and Ecodesign Regulations (EU 811/2013, 812/2013, 813/2013 and 814/2013).